Monday, February 13, 2012

long lost...good friends

 So, it's Monday morning (ew)... BUT it's not AS bad because since Valentine's Day is tomorrow, that means I get to see Kev sooner than I normally would! YAY! <3

Anyway, 

In my opinion, you know you are really good friends with someone, when you can go a few months without seeing them, and when you finally do see them again, you are able to pick up where you left off.  This weekend was full of good friends.  

Friday night, Kev and I completely intended on staying in.  I picked up a few movies from Redbox, cooked a nice dinner and had wine in hand when Kev got a call from one of his best friends, Stevo, saying that he was in Bethesda.  Random!  Stevo lives in Ocean City and has never been out in Bethesda, so we figured we better makes some moves and meet up with him.  We went to Tommy Joe's, which is always a good time. 
Stevo!
I was hoping that we would also see Sarah there (one of the Cunningham's very close family friends), and we did!  It was great to catch up with her and hang out all night. I love that girl.
Saturday rolled around...this time we really planned on staying in.  After all, we had three movies to watch!  We slept in, put some chili in the crock pot and vegged out.  It was great.  At about 2:00, I got a text message from one of my very close friends, Christine.  Teen lives in North Bethesda, but since our schedules are so busy, I don't see her as much as I would like.  Teen and her boyfriend, Eric, invited Kev and I over to watch the MD game and have a little happy hour.  We couldn't pass that up!  We picked up some beer and drove on over.  We watched the MD game, played some games, ate and drank.  Well, a couple of hours of hanging out turned into an all night event.  Kev and I ended up staying the night to avoid having to drive home.  It was an incredibly fun night!  We decided that we would do nights like that a lot more often.  
 Kev and I decided on Sunday that this was SUCH a good weekend for us.  We were able to see his friends, my friends and mutual friends...good people.  Great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment