Wednesday, February 22, 2012

bye bye, junk food

Every year for lent, I really try and pick something to give up that will be a challenge for me.  This year is no different.  Since I'm really eating right and working out, I figured, why not relate lent to that?  So, here it is... this year for lent I'm giving up ALL junk food.  Yes, I said it, junk food.  All of it.  That includes all sweets, chips, dips, cookies... everything junky.  This will definitely be a challenge for me considering one of my favorite things ever to eat is chips and dip.

Goodbye delicious unhealthy foods...

Hello delicious, healthy, non junk food...
I also wanted to incorporate being more active in lent this year, so I'm also giving up "laziness".  My goal is to get to the gym 5 times a week (I'm at about 4 right now).  I also have my handy dandy Jillian work out DVD I can use/my hand weights.
Overall, this year I'm basically giving up my unhealthy tendencies and replacing them with healthiness. 

p.s. I'm allowing myself to cheat on Sundays. ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment