Tuesday, January 31, 2012

a new me...

Starting this week, I'm going to start doing things a little different in my life.  I'm not exactly sure what gave me the "push", but I've realized that it's time to start living a much healthier lifestyle.  I wouldn't say that I was UNhealthy before, but I definitely could afford to be more healthy in many ways.  Not to mention, I want to loose weight.  BADDD! 

I've started drinking a homemade, fresh smoothie for breakfast everyday as opposed to nothing (which I know is very unhealthy).
I prepared everything last night so all I would have to do this morning was dump everything in the blender and push start.  I used mixed berries and half of a banana, 1 cup of milk and 1/2 a cup of ice.  It was a tad bland, which my mom warned me about, so I think tomorrow I will throw some plain fat free yogurt in there. 

I'm planning ahead of time and making healthy meals EVERY night (unless it's the weekend or I'm out of town, etc)...
I got this recipe from another blog I read, sweettoothsweetlife, and I wasn't as happy with it as I thought I would be.  I did enjoy it, but I think I was expecting something else, I'm not sure what.  It's very easy to make and takes about 20 minutes, so that's a plus.
 Annie's white mac & cheese, a can of tuna, a can of diced tomatoes, and a third of a bag of peas. 
  • Make the mac & cheese as directed on the package
  • Cook the peas
  • Drain the tuna and put in mac & cheese bowl
  • Add half the can of tomatoes
  • Add peas when finished cooking
I have left overs for tonight, too.  Score!


AND, Spinning time tonight! YESSSS!
 Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday = spinning
Thursday = kick boxing
Friday = a day to breathe
Saturday and Sunday =  whatever I can find that's active (basically, to be determined each weekend)

3 comments:

  1. Yay! What gym are you going to? I decided last week to get serious about being healthy and trying to lose weight and I already feel so much better. I'm glad you are too! We may have to do a healthier version of Bachelor Mondays from now on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I belong to Fitness First. It's nice because I can walk there right after work! Hooray for being healthy!!! Bach Mondays should probs be a little healthier anyway. We can help each other! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you Kate! They say breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Noah is never hungry in the morning but I've been trying to get him to eat something. It's good for your metabolism. And there's nothing better than fresh fruit!! I think youd really like this blog - http://nutritionfor.us/. Its about healthy living/eating and she is always posting good recipes. On your Sat/Sun you could always find a low key hiking trail nearby to go on a walk!

    ReplyDelete