Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Bachelor Finale Party

As I'm sure you are all aware, last night was the finale of the Bachelor.  What does that call for?  A party with my best girlfriends!  I hosted this week, which means I needed to come up with some good snack ideas so that we could pig out while somewhat bashing Courtney and making fun of the fact that Ben straightens his hair.  I spent a couple hours Sunday night getting everything together and I think everything turned out really well. 

So, here is what I came up with food wise...
 - A veggie tray.  I cut up some red, green and yellow peppers, a large cucumber, some celery and I stuck some carrots on there as well.  I used a fat free ranch dressing to dip, but since it was pretty flavorless, I added some garlic powder, basil and salt and pepper to liven it up.
- Cheese and crackers.  Very simple, yet always a favorite.  I used sharp cheddar and monterey jack with a simple cracker.  Yummm!
 - Cherry tomatoes, basil and mozzarella cheese on toothpicks.  This is a staple in my house.  I use this recipe all the time - people love it!  I used a balsamic dressing for dipping. 
- Strawberries and raspberries.  I cut up some strawberries and threw some raspberries in a bowl and had fat free whipped cream to dip the fruit.  I thought it would be a nice touch to add some sweetness.
 
 The final spread...

I can't forget the wine!  We finished approximately 5 bottles of wine... holy cow!  The Bachelor will do that to ya! : ) 

No comments:

Post a Comment