Thursday, December 29, 2011

Top 11 Events of 2011

Since it's almost the new year, I thought I would share my top 11 most memorable events that occurred in 2011 in no particular order. 

11.  OBX beach trip with the fam - Our yearly vacation to the Outer Banks was one of the best trips I have ever had.  We had the entire family together and Liza and Sammy both LOVED it.  It was an amazing week with the fam at our favorite place on earth. 
10.  Sammy's 1st Birthday - Sammy turned 1 this year!  We all got together at Lindzie's house in Richmond to celebrate.  It's so special to me to have a niece and a nephew that I'm so incredibly close to.  It seems like just yesterday Sammers was brought home from the hospital.

9.  Kevin's birthday celebration in OC - Kevin's birthday was extra fun this year because we got to celebrate in Ocean City.  We had a bunch of friends come down and had the best time!  I just love weekends away at the beach. : )
8.  Liza says "Tatey" - Liza really started talking a lot this year.  She was saying everyone in our family's name, but was refusing to say mine.  When she would talk about me she would refer to me with a noise.  It was a chomp like noise.  Super cute, but I was dying for her to say my name.  She finally blurted out "Tatey" one day and she and Sammy have been saying it ever since.  So cute.
7.  Kevin moves to Baltimore - Kevin got a great new job offer that was in Baltimore and after about 4 months, he had enough with the commute, and decided he needed to move there.  It was rough for me at first, but then I realized that having two different places to go out and somewhere new to visit was a positive thing.  His place is super cute - I love the blue door.  So far, so good.
6.  Ash moves to Bethesda - Ash has been one of my besties for as long as I can remember and we have always had so much fun together, but after high school, we never lived in the same area.  This year, Ash moved from Alexandria to Bethesda!  I see her so much more now and it's great to have a bestie that lives so close by.
5.  The Royal Wedding - The royal wedding was something that I had been looking forward to for months beforehand.  I got up at 5:00 am on a work day to watch the beginning of the wedding special and DVRed the rest.  I still have it recorded on my DVR and I do watch bits and pieces of it occasionally (mostly when they reveal her dress)!
4.  Michael Kors gold watch AND purse - This is a double wammy... for Christmas this year, Kev got me the Michael Kors gold watch that I have been wanting for months and months now. I love it and am slightly obsessed.  For my birthday this year, Kev got me an amazing Michael Kors camel color bag with gold details that I am also slightly obsessed with .  I LOVE it and use it just about every day.  Whata guy, huh?!

3.  My 26th Birthday - My birthday this year was pretty darn special.  All of my best girls, Kev and some of the guys were able to come out and celebrate and we all had such a great time.  I love being around some of my favorite people!
2.  Care Bear gets engaged - My best friend in the world, who just so happens to be my cousin, got engaged.  Carie and I grew up together, went to the same high school, went to the same college, and have always been super close best friends.  I couldn't be happier for her and Mike and I can't wait to see what the future holds for them!  Let the wedding planning begin!
1.  My new galpal, Amanda - I made a new, very close friend, Amanda.  Amanda is Brent's (Kevin's brother) fiance.  Amanda and I instantly connected and became good friends very quickly.  We are very similar and have a lot in common so we always have great conversation and the best time together.  She is someone who I know I can count on and is very loyal and trustworthy.  I feel very fortunate to have made such a close friend like her.  Love you, Amanda! 

 I can't wait to see what 2012 has in store!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment